"Thank You" Video
One great way to engage your donors is to create a 2-5 minute “thank you” video for them. These videos can be emailed to donors as well as posted on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. “Thank You” videos serve as an opportunity to thank your donors, publically recognize them through social media, and promote your organization to potential supporters. With today’s technology, creating your own video is cheaper and easier than ever before. The majority of smartphones are now capable of creating HD (high definition) video content, and video-editing software is readily available on most computers.
Example "Thank You" Videos
Three Steps to Making a Video:
1) Acquire a video recorder
- Do you have a smartphone? See if it can shoot video in HD.
2) Acquire video editing software
- If you have a Mac computer, see if you have iMovie. This is what I personally use to make videos, and I love it. If you don’t have iMovie, you can purchase it for $15 in the online application store or your local apple store.
- If you have a PC with Windows, you can download Windows Movie Maker for free. It is not the best software available, but it works great for creating simple videos. If you would like to purchase software that gives you more options and flexibility with your editing, I would recommend either Adobe Premier Elements for $75 or CyberLink PowerDirector 10 for $82.
3) Shoot your Video & Put it on the Web
- Have fun and be creative.
- Once completed, you c