- Virtual Volunteering Home
- Developing and Implementing a Virtual Volunteering Program
- Identifying and Creating Assignments for Online Volunteers
- Online Volunteer Resources
- Volunteer Manager Resources
- Volunteers with Disabilities
Sample Assignment: Web Development
Help Develop An Online Chat Room/Web-Based Bulletin Board
Any Baby Can
We are in need of a person to help us set up a web-based bulletin board or chat room. We have no idea what our options are nor where to begin. We need something simple that we can manage ourselves after the volunteer sets up the system.
Estimated Time Requirement
Up to 5 hours
Time Allowed to Complete this Assignment
Up to 2 weeks
Does this assignment involve direct interaction with clients?
Volunteer Skills and Equipment Needed
- A computer and regular access to the Internet
- Work well with others, particularly those who do not have a computer technical background;
- excellent written communications and attention to detail;
- knowledge of .html and basic Web design;
- knowledge of how to set up an online chat room or web based bulletin board;
- commitment to details and deadlines.
This opportunity is partly virtual (volunteer will have to go on site at some point)
You may be required to answer questions, participate in a telephone or online interview, or submit samples of your work before you are assigned this type of task.
This assignment is provided for reference purposes only. If you are seeking a virtual opportunity, please see our page on how to find virtual opportunities.