- Virtual Volunteering Home
- Developing and Implementing a Virtual Volunteering Program
- Identifying and Creating Assignments for Online Volunteers
- Online Volunteer Resources
- Volunteer Manager Resources
- Volunteers with Disabilities
Sample Assignment: Online Research
Online Research to Identify Schools with technology programs and an interest in the arts
San Jose Children's Musical Theater
Theatre As Digital Activity (TADA) program
San Jose, California
Our Theater as Digital Activity division, which allows kids to contribute to the creation of a new musical via online contributions, is seeking partnership high schools in each of the 50 states. Research is needed to identify schools, and particular teachers, with good technology programs and an interest in the arts as candidates for our two-year program. Researchers would be assigned to a state or group of states.
Estimated Time Requirement
5 - 10 hours
Time Allowed to Complete this Assignment
Does this assignment involve direct interaction with clients?
Volunteer Skills and Equipment Needed
- A computer and regular access to the Internet
- Familiarity with high school curriculum (soph-junior) in your state would be helpful.
- Know how to use Internet search engines, work well with others, excellent written communications and attention to detail, and commitment to deadlines
This opportunity is totally virtual (volunteer doesn't have to be on site at the organization)
This opportunity has no expiration date (this opportunity is always available unless currently filled)
You may be required to canswer additional questions, go through an online or phone orientation, or submit samples of your work before you are given this virtual assignment.
This assignment is provided for reference purposes only. If you are seeking a virtual opportunity, please see our page on how to find virtual opportunities.